Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Kitty Refashion

 Halloween costume time! Elena wants to be a cat. I only know this because she meows all the time and pretends to be a cat. So...I figured I could be a witch (sans green face) and she could be my familiar cat. I love dressing up too so I think we'll have a lot of fun for her first trick-or-treating halloween.
I found this sweater vest thing at the local thrift store for about 8 dollars. They had a lot of great discounted costumes there too. I wanted a chunky knit in black, but no luck. The hood sold me.
I cut the hood up to make a hat. From the rest of the roomy hood I made ears and added some purple felt since hey purple and grey are cute. I plan to put a long sleeve purple shirt under this. Since this knit is very very loose and stretchy I added some elastic to the back of the hood to give it some shape and form. Purple rickrack carries the purple color. The leftover ruff from the hood became cute furry anklets.
 To make the jumper I sewed the left and right of the vest together at the center, then I cut the top and the bottom off of the vest,  since I wanted the pockets to be the bottom part of her dress.  With the extra I made the tail and legwarmers.
It looks hot in the photo (um swimming pool?) but its only about 70. If its too hot on halloween, and it might well be, I have a backup bumblebee costume, and also a fairy costume so no worries!

Doing things cats do.

Messing with tolerant dogs?

 Hiss!

Lounging around...

Hanging out in the sand box...


2 comments:

  1. I love this! Especially the furry paws/feet. Just wonderful! And cats "hang out" in the sandbox? Is that what we're calling it these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm happy she is tolerating the costume so far, but we'll see how it goes halloween evening! Lol I had a joke about hoping no other cats had previously visited the sandbox but I cut it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Gimme comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...