Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Peppa pig

Peppa pig! Da dada da da dada dada da da! And now for my extra late Halloween costume post.

Untitled
She's a cute pig who loves to jump in muddy puddles. The only acceptable halloween costume this year was one of Peppa Pig naturally, and while she is on cable tv (and youtube) she is from the UK, so not seeing too much merchandise here in the U.S....

Untitled

So Mama Pig was on a mission to recreate this cute pig. Dada Pig purchased one of the few remaining toy sets from ToysRUs (now they are all sold out!) and I used this as my model. I decided from the beginning I was going to modify the Oliver+S cozy winter hood in pink fleece. There is my somewhat hideous pink lining fabric. Just because I am not buying plain pink lining fabric when I have perfectly good rose fabric.

Untitled
Can you make out the various death curses in hieroglyphics on my fabric only scissors?
It's a cute hood and I've made the pattern once before. I modified the ears by attaching them just behind where they are indicated to be attached as per the pattern. I also just added a snout! Here are some in progress photos. Really I just made the snout and added felt details.


Untitled
I don't know what I'm doing here. I just thought..a tube?
Untitled
And a snout needs to be round so...

Untitled

I just tried to sew the snout on so that it would be like a visor above her eyes. I stuffed it with polyfill and then put a flat piece of fabric under it so its not truly a tube. I did it all very haphazardly but magically it came together just as it should. I have no pattern or measurements unfortunately. BUT...Really Peppa is in the details. It didn't come together until I cut out the felt eyes, blush and little happy face.

Untitled

Untitled
Me trying it on at like 10:30 pm after having worked on it all evening. Costume making is hard work!

But it pays off. She is in full Peppa pig snorting oinking mode:

Untitled

I also made her little fleece dress/pinafore and the idea was, yay! it has a fun print on the back! so I can reverse it! and have her wear it for other occasions! However she grew about 2 sizes since I last had time to sit down and draft a pattern (I even used a new dress to copy) and still she is nearly bursting out of it. Oh well, an excuse to make more :)

Untitled

Overall Halloween was awesome! I'll leave you with a million more photos that capture that day before we move into full "New House Photos" Mode. It's coming people. I've been painting for weeks and weeks. Enjoy!

Untitled
At work. I love my job.
Untitled
Jack-O-Lantern
Untitled
Our night's haul
Untitled
Miss you, Mima

2 comments:

Gimme comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...